|Q :||What does “Flip over” mean in the Smart Plug's action list?|
|A :||“Flip over” means to change the current set action of the Smart Plug. For example, turn the plug ON when it is OFF; turn the plug OFF when it is ON.|
|Q :||Why doesn't the Motion Sensor show any value when I want to test the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication)?|
|A :||RSSI test can only be performed in Charging mode and cannot be performed when the Motion Sensor is solely running on battery.|
|Q :||What detection range does the Motion Sensor cover?|
|A :||It can detect a movement within 120-degree coverage field and ranges up to 5 meters around the Motion Sensor.|
|Q :||Why does the indicator of the Motion Sensor stays Orange? Why doesn't trigger work when motion is detected by the Motion Sensor?|
The reason Motion Sensor stays Orange is because the sensor doesn't detect every movement. When it detects a movement, it keeps the record for 1 min and stops detecting in that duration. After 1 min, it begins to detect again. When a movement is detected, the icon of the Motion Sensor turns Orange. If the indicator stays Orange, this means a motion is still being detected by the Motion Sensor. When the sensor goes on standby, the icon changes and stays White. The trigger works only when the sensor is in standby mode and user should wait for the sensor to turn White.
System or App
|Q :||How to authorize multiple users to jointly view and control the Smart home system? How do I add new members to the user account?|
You can add new member's accounts to the user account in the following steps:
1. Ask the new member to download the LifeSmart™ App. Sign up for a LifeSmart™ account and log into the App with the registered account.
2. Take note of new member's ID. Tap 'Menu' on the top left of the home page and you can find the ID number.
3. Open the App on your smart phone. Log in using your own account. This is the main account. Then tap 'Menu' on the top left of the home page. Tap the ID, select 'Manage Network' and choose 'Manage My Network'.
4. Tap 'Add user' and enter new Member's ID to complete the process.
5. Open the App on the new Member’s mobile device. Log in using their account. Then tap 'LifeSmart' on the top of the home page. All the accounts who have added new member's account will be displayed. Select the main account's ID number and then tap 'Confirm' to switch the account.
Now, you can control and view the Smart devices together.
|Q :||What to do if I can't detect the Smart Station?|
Make sure that your mobile device and the Smart Station are connected to the same wireless router when using the automatic search function;
The Smart Station needs to be connected to the router via a network cable. Also, ensure that the router supports DHCP so the Smart Station can obtain the IP address automatically.
Make sure the Smart Station is not in an enclosed metal space. If there are any objects that might obstruct a Wi-Fi signal, relocate the Smart Station.
Try moving the Smart Station further away from your Wi-Fi router.
How do I set up my Smart Station?
First download LifeSmart™ App
Method ①: Scan the QR code in the manual to download the app installation package.
Method ②: iPhone users, search LifeSmart™ in App Store. Android users, search LifeSmart™ in Google Play.
2. Plug in the LifeSmart™ Station and connect the Ethernet cable to your router. The indicator light will flicker briefly as the system initializes and establishes a network connection. When the light remains ON, the connection is successful.
3. Log in to LifeSmart™ App, tap 'Add' then 'Add Device' and choose 'Smart Station' to configure the App with your LifeSmart™ Station.
4. Choose 'Search (Recommended)' to search for the nearest LifeSmart™ Station, and select the local IP address that appears to complete the pairing of your App and Smart Station. You can also tap the 'Scan Bar Code' button to open the scanning system and scan the barcode on the bottom of your LifeSmart™ Station to complete the process.
Why does the App prompt me to set the time zone after completing the initial Smart Station set up?
|A :||If your account is registered outside China, then your phone is not set to GMT+8 time zone. But the Smart Station is configured to GMT+8 time zone by default. Due to this time zone difference between the Smart Station and your phone, the App prompts you to set the right time zone after completing Smart Station setup.|
|Q :||What to do when SPOT™ remains White or blinking White all the time?|
|A :||If the SPOT™ remains White, please switch to your mobile phone's WLAN settings. Search for available Wi-Fi connections and select 'LifesmartLSAP' from the network list. If found, please select the network and set up the SPOT™ as instructed. If not found, it might be that the software of SPOT™ has been deleted. Please contact our customer support for further help.|
|Q :||What to do if SPOT™'s connection is unstable?|
|A :||It may be caused by the instability of the network that the SPOT™ is connected to. Please check the signal strength and stability of the Wi-Fi network, upgrade the SPOT™ and place the SPOT™ closer to the Router.|
|Q :||How to set up SPOT™?|
Method ①: Follow the steps below to set up your SPOT™ with Bluetooth.
1. Turn ON the Bluetooth in your device.
2. Log in to your account, on the Home page tap 'Add' then 'Add Device' and choose 'SPOT™' to enter the set up page.
3. Plugged in SPOT™ and wait approximately 60s until SPOT™ color changes to Sky Blue (Green for SPOT™ basic). You may now click the 'Start' button.
4. Press and hold the pairing button in the device, the light will turn OFF after 2 seconds and turns Blue after 7 seconds. Release the button.
5. SPOT™ will remain Blue to indicate it’s in pairing mode.
6. In your App, search for the nearest SPOT™.
7. Select your local Wi-Fi and login your network password.
8. Finally, wait for SPOT™ to connect to the network.
Method ②: Follow the steps below to set up your SPOT™ without Bluetooth.
1. After log in into your account, on the Home page tap 'Add' then 'Add Device' and choose 'SPOT™' to enter the set up page.
2. Plugged in SPOT™ and wait approximately 60s until SPOT™ color changes to Sky Blue (Green for SPOT™ basic). You may now click the 'Start' button.
3. Make sure the SPOT™ is in AP mode. To enter AP mode, press the button on the back for 15s and release, then wait until Red light is blinking.
4. Switch to your mobile phone's WLAN settings. Search for available Wi-Fi connections and select "LifesmartLSAP" from the network list.
5. After logging in, return to the LifeSmart™ App and tap the "Select" to jump to next.
6. Select your local Wi-Fi network and enter the password of the Wi-Fi network.
7. The indicator light will remain Sky Blue (Green for SPOT™ basic) after one minute to confirm that your SPOT™ has successfully connected to the Internet. Otherwise, please retry and verify that your login information is correct.
8. Tap "It's OK" if the indicator light turns solid Green.
9. Check that your mobile phone is connected to your local Wi-Fi network and then tap 'Selected' to confirm.
10. Finally, tap "Return & Add" to go back to main control page. Now the SPOT™ has been connected to your Wi-Fi network successfully.
|Q :||When I set up the Camera with my iPhone, it appears that the network is not available after selecting the 'LifesmartGCAM' from the network list. Does it matter？|
|A :||The iPhone automatically checks the availability of the network after you connect it with the Camera network. If there is no internet connection, a prompt that network is unavailable is displayed to the user. This does not interfere with the set up. Please ignore and just tap Yes and continue with your settings.|
|Q :||After successfully setting up my Camera, I can't find it in the condition in order to pair it with other devices. I also cannot find other devices in the condition when I try to pair a trigger with the Camera. How do I resolve this?|
|A :||This is often because the Camera has not been added to the Smart station. You can add the Camera to the Smart station with the following steps: Tap 'Add' on top right corner of the Home page and select 'Discovered Devices'. Choose the added Smart station and wait for it to search the smart devices. Then choose the Camera in the list of Discovered devices to add.|
|Q :||After setting the local access password on the Camera, it won't work when I connect it to the Smart station. How do I resolve this?|
|A :||Enter Camera control page and tap the icon on top right corner. Tap 'Settings', select 'Details' and tap 'More'. Then you can enter the local access password. If you forget the local access password, please make sure that you have connected the Camera to your account individually. If not, please set it up first. Then tap the 'Settings' on the top left corner and tap 'All Devices'. Then choose the Smart Home Camera and tap the 'Password Settings' on the following page. Now you need to enter your account password and then you can reset your Camera password.|
|Q :||While the Camera is connected to the local network it loses connection to the Cloud. What should I do?|
Try the two methods below to solve this problem:
1. Upgrade the Camera's software and make sure you have the latest version. Please follow the steps below to upgrade the software: Tap 'Menu' on the top left corner and tap 'Local Smart Device'. Select Camera from the existing device list in the following page. After entering the Camera's password, select the Camera and tap the icon on the top left in the following page. Tap Settings and select 'Upgrade Camera'.
2. If the Camera can't connect to the cloud even after it has been upgraded to the latest version, there may be a restriction for external access on your local network.
|Q :||How do I set up the Camera?|
Follow the steps below to set up your camera.
1. After log in to your account, on the Home page tap 'Add' then 'Add Device' and choose 'Smart Home Camera' to enter the set up page.
2. Plug in and power and it takes about 30-40s for the Camera to complete self-calibration by performing a motion check.
3. Check the status of the indicator light on the back of the Camera to see whether the Red light blinks or not. If not, please press and hold the button on the back for 15s until the Red light is blinking.
4. Switch to your mobile phone's WLAN settings. Search for available Wi-Fi connections and select 'LifesmartGCAM' from the network list. The login password is '12345678'.
5. After logging in, return to the LifeSmart™ App and tap the 'Selected' to move on to the next .
6. Select your local Wi-Fi network and enter the password.
7. The indicator light on the back will turn solid Green after one minute to confirm that your Camera is successfully connected to the Internet. If not, please try again and verify that your login information is correct.
8. Tap 'It's OK' if the indicator light turns solid Green.
9. Check your mobile phone has connected to your local Wi-Fi network and then tap 'Selected' to confirm.
10. Finally, tap 'Return & Add' to go back to main control page. The Camera has now been connected to your Wi-Fi network successfully.
What do I do if I forget my Camera's local access password?
Follow these steps to reset your Camera password. Please make sure that you have added the Camera successfully to your account. Tap the setting on the top left corner and tap All Devices. Then choose the Smart Home Camera and tap the Password Settings on the following page. Now you need to enter your account password, then you can reset your Camera password.